Every year the Iowa Barbeque Society crowns the top competition team in Iowa with the prestigious Team of the Year award. The award is presented to the winning team at the Annual Banquet held in January. The following summarizes the requirements and process for the Team of the Year competition.
- Team must be an Iowa resident and a member of the Iowa Barbeque Society by April 1st.
- Fill out and submit declaration form acknowledging you want record kept in order to be eligible by April 1st. (2014 TOY Declaration Form)
- Compete in a minimum of four (4) KCBS sanctioned contests in Iowa.
- Scores from the team’s four best sanctioned contests will be combined at the end of the season to create the team’s TOY score.
- Scores are compiled by the Iowa Barbeque Society using official contest scoring information provided by the KCBS.
- The team with the highest TOY score at the end of the season will be crowned the top BBQ team in Iowa!
Does your team have what it takes to be the Team of the Year? Get cooking and let the competition begin!!