Click here for a link to the KCBS site for contest results.
$10,000 in CASH & AWARDS
DUE TO FLOODING IN THE MARSHALLTOWN AREA THE BBQ CONTEST IS BEING HELD BY THE FISHER COMMUNITY CENTER IN THE CENTER OF MARSHALLTOWN.
KCBS Sanctioned Qualifying Event Official Iowa State Championship Contest
Grand Championship BBQ Team will be an automatic qualifier into the World Food Event in Las Vegas in November, 2013
COOK OFF CATEGORIES:
Contestants must cook all 4 KCBS Meats:
- Pork Ribs
- Pork Shoulder/Butt
- Dessert (optional)
Early Registration will need to be mailed prior to May 31, 2013.
IOWA STATE BBQ CHAMPIONSHIPS INFORMATION:
- Official KCBS rules strictly enforced.
- NO food sampling to the public.
- FREE ice available on grounds.
- Set Up Friday, June 21, 8 am – 4 pm.
- Cooks’ Meeting Friday, June 21 @ 5 pm
- NO Entry Fee Refunded.
- Entry Fee entitles cookers to Thursday-Saturday night stay.
- LIMITED TO 66 TEAMS – FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED!!